Auburn students have a serious relationship with football. The first three games this season were at home, followed by a big game at LSU. All of the sudden, there is a bye week. A Saturday with no set plans. No obligations. What is there for an Auburn student to do this Saturday when there is no football?
1. Go to the Waverly Fall Boogie. Rain or shine, there will be live music, vendors and food at 1015 Mayberry Ave., Waverly, Ala. Tickets are $20 for outdoor general admission.
2. Exercise. Auburn University has a new recreation center open to students. The city of Auburn also opened The Frank Brown Recreation Center, a new recreation center at 235 Opelika Road. Students can sign up to teach classes that are open to the public.
3. Cook dinner with your roommates. Find new recipes on Pinterest and cook something delicious.
4. Go to a hall event in your dorm. College is the first chance you get to live with all of your friends. Make the most of it, and go to the fun socials in your hall.
5. Go shopping. Auburn has unique clothing boutiques downtown and a mall on Opelika Road.
6. Spend the day at Chewacla State Park. There is a lake, a swimming area, hiking trails and picnic areas with tables and grills. The entrance fee is only $3 per person on weekends, and you can get a yearlong pass for $60.
7. Get brunch. Auburn has the classics like IHOP and Panera. You can also try places original to the plains like Crepe Myrtle Café, Big Blue Bagel and Acre.
8. Play outside. Kick a soccer ball or throw a Frisbee on the greenspace.
9. Go bowling. Challenge your friends and take a Friday night trip to the bowling alley.
10. Make a craft. Decorate your dorm or apartment with curtains, picture collages or canvas paintings.Make your living space feel like home.
You don’t have to go home for the weekend because there is no football game. Don’t cry! There are plenty of fun things to do in Auburn.