It's that time of year again! Leaves are changing color, the air is getting cooler, and leggings and sweatshirts are replacing tank tops and t-shirts. This fall there are several new trends to mix with the seasonal classics. Whether going to class or just hanging out around Auburn, here are a few ways to spruce up your fall wardrobe:
- Boots will always be in style for the fall. Riding, duck, cowboy, ankle, combat...any boot will do. Pair them with jeans or even a dress. To spruce them up, wear tall socks and let them show. Socks with a ruffle or lace are a great way to add some sass.
- Jeans are the perfect place to add a pop of color. This fall feel free to branch out beyond the usual dark red, mustard yellow or forest green. Jenny Rice, senior in fashion merchandising, says that pastels and neon pink and orange are welcome this season. (Another tip: A chambray shirt looks great on top).
- Don't want to part with your leggings? You don't have to. But instead of putting on a t-shirt and sneakers, slip into an over-sized Oxford, a pair of riding boots and add a scarf.
- An outfit suggestion by Rice (and a personal favorite) is a flannel shirt paired with boyfriend jeans. It's casual enough for class, but a little more dressed up than your usual t-shirt. This outfit can be completed with sandals, flats or boots.
- Long skirts work well for the in-between weather. A lace or crochet top is my favorite to pair with one. Wear a scarf on a chillier day or a statement necklace for warmer temperatures.
Whether you stick to your fall favorites or try a new seasonal trend to make an outfit your very own!
Rice lets us in on more new trends in the video below.
Also, special thanks goes to my lovely model, Hannah Kennedy.